Dreams

Strange Dreams 10 / 2 / 2020

I had a couple of vivid dreams last night, or one strange dream that bled into another.

I was with a group of people (friends) outside looking up at the night sky and was amazed to be able to see many of the planets which I have never seen before with the naked eye, to include Saturn and its rings. I believe Jupiter was also visible to the left of Saturn, but the beautiful rings occupied most of my attention. I began commenting on my amazement to the people around me when I simultaneously began wondering how this was possible. Suddenly to the right of my vision I noticed a huge meteor shower and I somehow connected that as some sort of cause or correlation to the other phenomena.

We all seemed to stare in wonder until I saw the reflection or shadows off of a nearby airplane that appeared to have been shocked or hit or somehow otherwise lost control and it slowly fell through the sky and crashed nose first not far away from our group. Its tail then fell in our direction and destroyed a highway overpass of some sort. We watched in horror as first a motorcycle flew across the gap and crashed on the other side followed by a series of cars and other vehicles. 

I looked frantically for my phone to call someone to stop the traffic on the highway, but naturally I could not find it and was forced to watch car after car leap across the gap and land on a growing pile of mangled vehicles or fall to their doom in a heap below.

Eventually some of us ran towards the catastrophe looking to offer aid or find a way up to stop the traffic. (At some point the highway became a set of railroad tracks that cars were using for some reason, or the tracks were near or on the same overpass as the highway, I'm not sure which.)

--

This is where the dream radically switches to a scene in a bank where either I or someone I am watching is investigating a recent bank robbery or attempted robbery. The person is puzzled by "x-rays" that seem to be eminating from below the bank that to him signify some much more significant repository or vault under the bank than whatever the robbers had been after on the main floor.

Somehow, in spite of protests by the owners / managers of the bank, they begin excavating to unearth what was below and eventually discover a large time capsule with all sorts of memorabilia from a bygone era. While many of these articles were in my dream, I can't remember them distinctly now, though they seemed significant and imbued with other meaning or purposes besides simple reminders of the past.

The dream was coming to a close when the thought occured to me that the case of the time capsule itself, or a part thereof, was actually some sort of key that would fit some hole leading to another discovery / trove of some sort.

=====================


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Story Seeds

From Alchemy to Chemistry